So the elderberries are ready to be picked so why not make some syrup? Elderberry syrup is known for being a strong anti-viral (aka flu fighter)
- 1 cup fresh or 1/2 cup dried elderberries
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup RAW honey (most honey is not raw so check)
1. Heat the berries and water to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 30-45 minuets.
2. Mash the berries, strain, and add 1 cup of honey. I add a half cup of the purple liquid to a measuring cup, then pour in honey until the total volume is 1 1/2 cups. Then stir to mix well, and add to the rest of the reserved liquid.
3. Bottle and store, refrigerated. for 2-3 months.
4. Enjoy a tablespoon daily to keep the immune system strong, use more often when afflicted with the flu.