Friday, September 2, 2011

Sin in a Crust Pie aka.. Chocolate Chip Pie




 Okay this isn't raw which is kinda weird for me but I wanted cookie dough..NOW!  This is like sin in a crust...chocolate chip cookie in a pie crust.  You could probably cut down on the chocolate chips if you're feeling kinda frugal and with the variations I have you could make it vegan as well.



Chocolate Chip Pie 
 
1 pie crust (I used premade because I already had one)
1 cup sugar (this is really good with 1/2 cup white & 1/2 cup brown)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs (I substituted 1 banana, mashed and 1/2 tsp baking powder)
1/2 cup melted butter ( you could substitute Coconut Oil if you want vegan)
1  cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350.  Fit pie crust dough into a pie pan.  In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour.  Stir in eggs (or in my case, banana and baking powder) and butter until the batter is well-blended and smooth.  Add the chocolate chips and vanilla, mix until smooth and chips are evenly distributed.  Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell.  Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350.  Cool until firm, about 45 minutes.

****Here's the update:  My hubby said he thought the pie tasted like banana so you're warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...