Thursday, January 20, 2011

Home Made Fabric Softner

I don't know about you but I love soft clothes but I don't like the weird chemical smells that most fabric softners have. Seriously, when I go down the laundry aisle at the store, both the kids and I start sneezing or complaining and we run for the hills..okay maybe it's the dairy section but it might as well be the hills. Maybe I should run to the chocolate sections..mmmm.. Anywho I've tried using vinegar but if you've tried it straight you probably found out like me that it will ruin any and all things elastic...ya that's great if you have underwear. So here's a recipe that will work great and if you want some smellies I suggest adding an essential oil like orange or lavender. Beware though...not all essential oils should be on skin!

Homemade Fabric Softener Recipe

1 part Vinegar
1 part Baking Soda
2 parts Hot Water

2T Glycerin

  • Place a pail large enough to hold double the amount of ingredients in the kitchen sink or bathtub. Mix the baking soda and water in the pail, stir till the powder is dissolved. Then add the vinegar.
  • Remember that baking soda and vinegar reacts with fizzing, so use a big pail to account for this. Once it’s stopped fizzing add gycerinand mix, pour into clean bottles, cap, then use 1/4 cup per rinse cycle.
  • Updated Info: The baking soda won’t be completely dissolved, just shake the bottle to mix the batch up before adding to the rinse cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...